Rural Municipality of Macdonald
The Grader Operator reports to the Manager of Public Works and is responsible for operating a Road Grader, in a safe and appropriate manner. This individual must also maintain and service.
- Operate Motor Grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment utilized.
- Assist in maintaining roadways in your described grader beat.
- Ensure shop and work areas are kept clean and organized at all times.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations and work cooperatively and jointly with the rest of the crew.
- Diagnose / identify defects in heavy duty equipment.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other minor maintenance work.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and operation techniques.
- Perform trip inspections on equipment operated and load, ensuring safety and roadworthiness.
- Other duties as assigned by Public Works Manager.
- Any other skills (carpentry, electrical, welding, etc.) would be considered an asset.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Heavy Equipment Operator Certification would be considered an asset.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Grader Operator.
- Knowledge of equipment safety.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage.
- Knowledge of road construction and maintenance techniques.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine equipment maintenance.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
- 24/7 availability may be required.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Safety boots will be required.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors in all conditions.
- Must be able to sit and stand, for long periods of time.
- Ability to work long hours when needed.
The Municipality is pleased to offer the successful candidate competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan.
Please send your resume to Cole Braden, Manager of Public Works at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 204-736-2214.