The Rural Municipality
Address: 161 Mandan Drive,
Sanford, MB, R0G 2J0
Phone Number: 204-736-2255
Fire Pits, Fire Bowls,
- By-Law No. 8/20 restricts open air fires in the communities of La Salle, Oak Bluff, Sanford, and Starbuck.
- No person may set an open-air fire within the boundaries of the communities of La Salle, Oak Bluff, Sanford, and Starbuck unless the fire is within an approved receptacle.
- Approved receptacle means a fire pit, outdoor barbeque, smoker, outdoor fireplace, or outdoor warming receptacle. *See Section 17-20 of By-Law No. 8/20.
- Outdoor barbeques and smokers must be operated in conformance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Only clean, dry, unpainted, and untreated wood is burned. No grass, leaves, brush, or tree pruning’s are burned in the open-air fire.
- The open-air fire is maintained on a flat non-combustible base and is at a minimum of 3 metres (10 feet), as measured from the nearest edge of the open-air fire, from any combustible buildings or structures, combustible fences, trees, and overhead wires.
- The full by-law can be viewed on the Municipality's website on the following: www.rmofmacdonald.com. Government. Document & Download. By-Law No. 8/20 Burning Regulations (La Salle/Sanford/Oak Bluff/Starbuck).